The Hamlets around Pinoso
Pinoso is surrounded by small and beautiful hamlets...(alphabetically)...
Casas del Pino
The hamlet of Casas del Pino is a hamlet pertaining to Pinoso. It is part of the larger village of Cañada del Trigo which is today shared by three municipalities. The core part is in Jumilla and there is a hamlet called Los Gabrieles which pertains to Abanilla. The hamlet is located 7 km from the town of Pinoso, and in late August festivals are celebrated in the honour of the Virgen del Pino. The hamlet has a community garden in which the image of the patron saint is located. According to statistics, in 2011, 41 people lived in the hamlet.
Right on the border between the provinces of Alicante and Murcia is the hamlet of Casas Ibáñez, 3.7 km from the town of Pinoso. This is a pretty hamlet scattered around the nucleus of the Jumilla road. There are numerous cave houses, many of them profoundly transformed to suit modern times. The area has a population of 26 inhabitants according to the census of 2011. As for its festivals they take place around early September, in honour of Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
Alongside the CV3213, in the direction of Monóvar, lies the hamlet of Culebrón (some 4'5km from Pinoso), protected by the foothills of the Sierra del Xirivell. In the main village there is a small antique chapel that holds, among others, the image of the patron saint, St. James the Apostle, after whom the festival is held in July. In the census of 2010, there were 112 people residing in the district.
One of the parishes in this district is El Faldar. Its name refers to its location, being at the foothills of the Monte Cabezo. It has a neighbourhood association, a social club and holds it’s own fiestas in honour of San Juan.
The chapel was built in 1993, and stands on the same site as the former chapel of 1691. It’s bell tower houses a clock, and inside the chapel are several images, including that of their patron, San Pascual, in whose honour they hold a fiesta in mid May. There is an association of neighbours named "The Progress" which holds regular meetings in their social centre.
This is considered as part of the hamlet of Casas Ibanez, and has an outstanding wine bodega and a hotel establishment. In October 2012 it began to hold festivals, which the neighbours hope to continue for many years.
In this district you can find numerous examples of rural architecture in dry stone, known as cucos or shepard shelters. They witness diverse communication channels, as evidenced by the presence of stretches of Roman roads. Paredón has one of the oldest chapels in Pinoso, inside of which they honour the Our Lady of Sorrows, especially during their festival held in mid August. According to the census of 2010 this hamlet had 70 inhabitants.
This district is surrounded by mountains. It lies 5.5 km. the town of Pinoso, and in 2010 had 207 inhabitants.
The tranquility of this land was chosen in 1916 to establish a convent of the Carmelite Sisters of Orihuela under the initiative of Matilde Mira, wife of a teacher, D. Demetro, who taught in the parish school. Recently, part of the convent has been converted into a hostel where they welcome youth groups. Around the feast of the Holy Trinity, to the nearest weekend, the neighborhood of the parish organize celebrations. In the mid-twentieth century, the old chapel of 1909 became a parish.
La Caballusa is located 4.6km to the south west of the town of Pinoso. According to the census of 2010 there were 27 inhabitants. Since 1990 it has had a chapel, and here are performed traditional celebrations in mid-August, dedicated to the Virgin of the Assumption. From certain points in the village there are spectacular views of Pinoso town.
This hamlet is located 6.3km from Pinoso and is special, in that, it is a scattered hamlet, with numerous houses scattered all around.
For many years they have held celebrations in honour of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the social center which has been available to their neighbours since the late 1990’s. Its current population is about 40 people.
The landscape of the Monte Cabezo is very close to the town center. It is not a parish as such, but more and more neighbours are occupying the homes on the mountain side, especially around the chapel dedicated to the Virgin of Fatima. It’s fiesta is held during the first weekend of July.
Some 5.2 km north of Pinoso along the Yecla road, lies the hamlet of Paredón.
This hamlet of Rodriguillo is located in the southern area of the municipality and lies about 4 km from Pinoso. It has a population of just over 200.
This is the smallest district of the municipality, although its location, surrounded by an excellent landscape, makes it the destination of many people during holiday periods or weekends. Many come to spend the day at the on-site Nature Classroom of the Monte Coto. It is 550m above sea level and is located right behind the ivory marble quarries of Monte Coto.
For years, the neighbours have celebrated festivals in honour of the Virgen del Rosario, there is a small image of her which is guarded all year in a natural cave. It has 18 inhabitants, according to the 2011 census.
It is located 8.4 km from the town of Pinoso and in 2010 had 146 inhabitants.
It shares with Paredón and Lel the existence of cucos or shepherd shelters, and in the village is the chapel dedicated to Santa Barbara, which was built in 1696, currently being the oldest of Pinoso. The neighbours have a clubhouse and celebrate it’s fiestas in the second weekend of July.
Venta Del Terrós
In recent years it has become an important area for the settling of new neighbours. In August it holds celebrations in honour of the Virgin of the Assumption.